Monday, December 14, 2009

How We Met

Sebenarnya, I dread to write about this. Our "how-we-met" love story bukanlah sesuatu yang romantik, ala-ala coffee-shop-bump-love-blossoms bullshit. Nor it blossomed from corny-pick-up-lines-dalam-club.

If you were to ask me the same question a few years ago, mesti takkan dapat jawapan. I mean why does it really matter kan? Macam mana jumpa, kat mana jumpa, masa jumpa tu pakai baju kaler apa, tengah makan apa. Who the hell cares lah.

Eh, tiba-tiba teremo pulak si gedik ni.

Anyway, macam mana nak start cerita ah? Haha..

Flashback kejap ya.



I was a miserable young woman. Lonely and miserable. Rejections was the norm for me. Lelaki mana yang nak perempuan gemok, hitam dan pendek. Tak cukup dengan cela itu, muka berjerawat batu pulak tu.

Self-esteem jangan cakap lah. WHAT self-esteem? Haha. I kept on comparing myself with my circle of friends. Macam langit dan bumi. Cuma aku lagi teruk kot, bukan bumi lagi, dah macam telaga dengan kedalaman 40 kaki kot.

I hated all my years in high school. I was surrounded with pretentious people, dan walaupon I was never kena bullied depan-depan, but kenalah jugak semburan kata-kata sindir dari school mates.

5 years of semburan kata-kata sindir were more than enough to kill my confidence. Though di luaran I seemed like I didn't care, but di dalam, I was ready to break.

Did you know my old crush rejected me lepas dia jumpa aku? Eh, itu cerita lain.

I know all these seem so...exaggerated, but trust me, I shall provide a picture nanti. I'll scan it later lah. Sekarang malas gilakkk. Haha..

So anyway, I 'met' him online when I was 17, JUST got out from school. Yes my dearies, I met him online. Yang kelakarnya, he LOATHES chatting/chat rooms, and he was only there because of his friends. Dan kebetulan I wanted to try chatting, kira itu first time aku chat lah tu. We were there in the same room, at the same time.

Agaknya dah tertulis kot.

"SI ALIA AKAN BERTEMU DENGAN SI DON DI ALAM VIRTUAL PADA HARI SEKIAN DAN WAKTU SEKIAN SEKIAN"

Haha...

Eh memandai je aku.


He wasn't much of a chat-person. Kalau chat dengan dia, adalah 2-3 patah perkataan je dia type. Gila bosan mat ni. Haha. Dia teramatlah mysterious. And that made me very curious. Walaupon orang cakap "curiosity killed the cat", tapi dalam case ini, "curiosity membuatkan si kucing itu menjadi gemok sebab terlalu banyak love" (haha, proverb hentam sendiri). Eh paham-paham sendiri lah.

His actions (or not-so-much-action) intrigued me. Lagi dia type sepatah, 10 patah aku tanya.

I guess that worked lah kan.

Eh tapi jangan lah blame aku kalau korang buat macam tu then lelaki tu tetiba cakap "I'm busy can you not bother me anymore??". Hahaha...



(I asked him a few years ago, kenapa he acted as if he didn't want to chat with me. Ye lah, cara dia chat dengan aku macam he was annoyed je kan, then he said "Because I knew you were curious about me, and I knew you weren't gonna stop chatting with me. I also knw that women LOVE mysteries".

Hahahah...Cara dia cakap "women love mysteries" tu ada bunyi berunsurkan mengeji. Dalam kata lain, perempuan ni busybody betul lah. Sebok je nak tau kan. Hahahaha...)



So berbalik kepada kisah lama, he remained sebagai "special" chat-buddybuddy sahaja and plus, I didn't know what he looks like. Neither did he know rupa aku macam mana.

For the longest time, I didn't want him to know how I looked like. Almaklumlah, kalau lelaki Malaysia pon jijik tengok muka aku, apatah lagi orang luar kan. Takut dia fikir "Eww, you're nothing compared to all these American girls over here". 

Masa tu manalah mak tau yang orang Amerikah ni lagi hodoh dari muka mak niii. Selalu tengok orang Hollywood lawa-lawa jeee. Hahahahah...

Anyway, it was never a problem for me. Tak tau muka dia macam mana pon tak kisah. Tapi kalau dah hari-hari chat (he started to open up, thank God, kalau tak boleh mati kebosanan kot!), so feelings meelings pon started to develop la kannn.

We started to use voice chat jugak masa tu. Masa first time dengar suara dia,, boleh tak aku ingat dia guna machine voice changer tu. Hahah...rupa-rupanya memang suara dia garau..hahahah. Oopssss. I beri the sori.

Can you imagine how strong his words were, sampai boleh jatuh cintan with a faceless person.

Sampailah tahap di mana I couldn't handle it anymore, I really wanted to see the face behind the words. Its been about 2 years lah communicating tanpa muka. Mula-mula takut makkk, buatnya si Don ni berat 4 kali ganda berat aku, perut berlipat 8, berbulu dada kerinting, rambut kerinting berminyak. Urghh, macam-macam aku fikir ok.

Tapi tak pe, kuatkan hati jugak, siap cakap kat diri sendiri "tak kisah lah rupa dia macam mana, yang pentingnya, I fell in love with the man behind the screen, I fell for HE HIMSELF, bukannya setakat tangkap cintan sebab gambar ala-ala Brad Pitt ke apa".

Berkali-kali lafaz ayat tu kat diri sendiri. Haha...punyalah kental.

Oih, takut lah weh. Sekali dapat pakcik pedophile umur 54 tahun gatal ke apa macam mana?! Gila kau, boleh automatically jadi kurus aku sebab terkejut sangat kalau macam tu. Lemak semua cair..haha

I did ask him for a picture (setelah semangat kental built up). Dia sanggup keluar beli webcam!! And he sent me THIS picture!!



Ya Rabbi, hati luruh!! COMEL GILA PAKCIK NI!!
(ok, leave him alone lah, he was 17, of course muka budak)


And he even bought and posted A WEBCAM FOR ME TOO. Like snail-mail? I mean I understand lah, dia dah kasi gambar dia, now it's my turn lah kan. But haha, I refused. I lied to him yang I didn't get his mail, yang his mail was lost somewhere. Gila teruk. Padahal aku dah bedal guna tangkap gambar sendiri (dan adik-adik). Haha.

That lie only lasted for about a few months (eh, lama jugak tau!), until he finally found a picture of me online.

WAHHHH!!!

Menangis tak berlagu!! Masa dia tanya "Do you have short hair?", hati dah berhenti berdegup. Crap.

Habislah aku. Putus lah communication aku dengan dia lepas ni.

Dalam otak dah fikir macam-macam. Sekali lagi cintaakuu tidak berjawabbb. I thought I could make him fall for the REAL ALIA dulu sebelum dia tengok rupa aku. Sedih sangat masa tu, sampai dah tak boleh nak menangis.

Masa nak jawab "Yes" pon terketar-ketar.

I expected him to say "Oh." dengan nada disappointed, or "OMG U IS UGLY" straight forward gilos.

Instead, he said "I knew it. You look exactly how I imagined you to be!"

Eh? Excuse me? Betul kah apa yang aku dengar ni?

He actually LIKED/S the way I look?? WAHHHH MAKCIK HAPPY UOLLS!!

Tapi masa tu macam tak percaya lagi, I mean biar betul? Tak pernah orang complimented on how I look like before, so I demanded to see the picture. Wah, betul mekkk, it was a picture of meeeee! Hahahaha (eh, tapi bukan guna webcam yang dia kasi tu, ni gambar guna mobile phone - sorry, dah hilang gambar tu)

Sebenarnya, before he found my picture, dia pon tak kisah rupa aku macam mana, because he fell in love with ME, and not from my looks. Oh, so selama ni, aku bukan bertepuk sebelah tangan lah. Hehehe. Ni according to him ye. Ni bukan ayat angkat bakul.

I personally think it's better lah, I mean you get to know someone first, without having their looks jadi pemberat whether you should reject them or not. But of course it takes a lot of trust, and guts, and semangat kental. Ye lah, what if the person doesn't look like how you imagine them to be. Mesti lah sikit-sikit tu ada impact jugak. But if you truly love him/her, and you really don't care how he/she turns to look like, then no biggie lah kan.

Macam my case, I was willing to accept him dengan seadanya, tapi alhamdulillah, mata aku sedap memandang.

Dan sejak itu, we have nothing more to hide, nothing to be embarrassed about, and we both know we can count on each other for whatever reason. Oleh sebab itu lah, our love berputik mekar...Wahahah...geli tak baca?

Just because we've only met in person last year (when he came to Malaysia), people always assume yang our relationship cuma "cinta monyet", yang he really doesn't love me, yang we would never go far, yang we've only known each other for a small amount of time.

Yes true, we've only been together (physically) for less than a year kalau kira both of our visits to both countries. But did you know that we've been together for 8 years (albeit virtual)? During the first 7 years, since we couldn't go out on a proper date, all we did was talk. And we talked (and still do) for every minute for everyday. Celik mata sampai tutup mata.

We connect on a HIGHER level than the rest of these couples around my age do. So who are YOU to judge that my relationship is bogus? How would you justify his 'ungenuine' love when he's been THERE FOR ME for every goddamn second for 8 goddamn years? IF he was just playing me, why would he waste his time THAT long for someone who's just OVER THE INTERNET? He could have gotten a vajayjay somewhere closer to his house.

I'm sorry, I'm just tired of hearing people saying shit like that just because we met in an unorthodox way. He is by far the most honest man I've known. Apa kau ingat orang yang kau jumpa in real life tepi club tu jujur sangat?

So yeah. That's my love story. 7 years of being apart from each other (including the 2-faceless-years), never been on a proper date, never seen each other in person, never touched, never being in the same room physically. 7 years together virtually. 7 years of long distance relationship. And he finally came to see me end of last year (and I visited him this year).

And oh, our first REAL date was at A&W Subang Jaya.

So who says LDR doesn't actually work? If you've met the right person, nothing can be a factor.


THE END.


Anyway, since the 12th of Dec hari tu was Don's 25th birthday, I'm going to dedicate this whole post for him...walaupon dia takkan paham apa aku merepek atas tadi kan..hahahaha. 



Don W. Miller II, from the first year I've seen him until now..*insert cheesy romantic music*


 
 
 
 
 



HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY SAYANG! I LAP U!

84 comments:

  1. Hola,
    I love this entry. Hell la to people who said anything nasty to you...lantak la diorg asl you bahagia! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww so cute.
    suka aku. mmg lain dpd lain.
    wish u guys happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!...I was one of ur silence reader. However, when I read this post, I am so excited to put a comment. Never expected that you just met him in real last year. Don't bother on other people's remark. This is your life. Wish you a very happy and glowing life with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sy pun tersenyum sama bila tgk gambar si don yg last skali tu tersenyum :D

    apa pun akak doakan alia & don happily ever after..amiin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey alia! I too have been a silent reader of yours, tapi dari jauh I've always admired your courage and tak-kesahness and blunt honesty. And you know what, I think it is really sweet that you both found each other, and it is probably written in heaven that you are meant to be together. Selamat Maju Jaya! Hope you guys have a great relationship forever and ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.. sy ni silent reader you.. ehehe

    bila sy bc post u kali ni. sy terkenang masa sy had my own LDR... sy rase sedih sbb sy tak mampu pertahankan LDR sy... masa tu sy pikir....100% imposible..takde hala tuju... bkn lah nk kata sy menyesal...tp sy ase alia msti paham perasaan sy.....org kata tak logik semua...tp kita yg rasa...bkn diorg kn....

    and mmg btol...wpn kita jauh...tp kita lg byk sharing thoughts dlm LDR...because we have no other choise kn... tp bende tu mmg sy rindu sgt2.....dan memang sy akui..susah sy nk dpt sharing thoughts dgn partner sy skang...wpn hari2 jmpa..hari2 tgk muka......

    sy jd terharu dgn post alia ni...sbb sy tau...time2 jauh cmni la ase pressure sgt...dh la jauh..pstu org sekeliling pandang sini ckp mcm2.....sy paham perasaan tu..sy harap alia bertabah la ek...

    moga2 Allah dgr doa alia dan akan pertemukan alia dgn dia in a real world. build family together.......sy doakan...wpn sy tak dpt kecapi tu suma..tp sy harap alia dpt kecapi...ekekeke..

    lg 1...org mesia mmg sgt skeptikal kalu pompuan mesia dgn foreigner..kebanyakkan nya mmg cmtu...huhuhuhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  7. alia..sweetnya entry ni :)
    Hope korg bahagia sampai akhir hayat ;)

    U know what, kita ada persamaan la..I met my centahati at friendster & already been together for almost 4 years..hehe..cinta online..

    Lagi satu, beday my cintahati pun on 12 dec..tihihi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't help but to say awwww.. Teringat pulak time kita berjinggo di Luna Bar dgn Don haritu. LOL.

    PS: Woi bila nak keluar ni? Teman la aku carik boyfriend. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwww~
    i rase mcm nak pi beli sayap palsu kat toys r us pastu nak terbang2 bile baca ur entry ni.
    ur love story sgt comel ok.
    size doesnt matter. me & my hubby pon mcm weird couple. hohoh! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweeetttt~!!!! tanjoubi omedeto mr don!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yessss... finally... so sweeettt... sangat suka ok... and i pray that you both will be eternally happy... best best... :)

    and i agree, when u love someone for him/herself, it doesn't really matter how he/she look like... as long as u can accept each other as you are... you are so lucky... congrats... :) owh... happy belated birthday to your don... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww i love thiss... you're definetly right, ldr works if you found the right guy. I was in a ldr for 4 years and it didnt work out but its really incredible to see that there are couples out there that get to stay strong and work it out. and fuck for 8 years??? I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omG he's so cute..citer sejibik dlm novel2 remaja mat saleh yg i salu baca masa high skool sambil verangan2..haha (just stumbled on this entry while bloghopping).soo happy for u..coz i dlu same cam u la..asek kene kutuk and rejected oz of the physical thingy.and one way to pujuk the hati yg sengsara di dalam adalah thru chatting online. and my citer lebih kurang urs gak la..except i nye beau bkn mat saleh la..haha..neways excited gile bace ur entry ni sbb citer kite adalah lebih kurang and i wish u all the happiness in the world with ur beau and may it lasts till the end!!!!=D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aaaaa.... nak nagis bole x?
    suwittt gileh... jeles ouh..

    dah la comel tahap x tercapai akalku si Don tu..

    korg mmg sesuai la. gile2 punye type.

    hope korg bahagia sampai jd laki bini ye alia. amin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG alia...

    aku pon sama silent reader kau..

    love dis post dan touching huwaaaaaaaa~!!sweet sangat :')

    takde apa yg boleh aku cakap melainkan mendoakan kebahagian korang berdua.cepat2 la kahwin then takyah pisah jauh lagi.

    hope kau tabah mengharungi cinta antara benua nie.ewahhh..

    but ya, Don cute tahap hsdfkhsuifhwof <-- ayat pujian dalam bahasa itali.heh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zeozir,
    Tu lah kan, dulu mula-mula mmg terasa lah jugak. I mean who are they to judge us kan? Tapi now, telinga dah lali. Like u said, to hell with them! Haha!

    Peej,
    Thankssss! I wish u'd find your own happiness jugak! Amin!

    Choojannar,
    Yaaahh, baru jumpa face to face last year. Sebab tu masa first time jumpa, mmg tak kekok langsung, because we've known each other LONGER than that kan.

    Bitter Sweet,
    Terima kasih akak! Don senyum senget, perasan tak? Hahaha..eh tetiba.

    Nana,
    Thanks Nana! Kiranya my love story ni boleh cerita kat anak cucu nanti la ye? "Opah dulu jumpa atok kamu dalam chat room..." hahahahaha...wah, canggihnya opah ni. hahah

    Siti Fatimah,
    Yesss, saya faham sangat! Mmg orang kata "takkkan kemana" tapi itu diorg fikir, they're not in our shoes kan. Kita yg lagi tau.

    Erina Asmawani,
    Wah! Congratsss! 4 tahun dah! I baca your comment pon terus tersengih sensorang, cause I know exactly how you feel!

    Nanie,
    Weh kau tau, masa kat US hari tu, aku tak habis habis bagitau family dia yg pasal kitaorg kena tukar seluar tapi tak muat then he had to pakai seluar pinjam macam seluar sarkas tu! Hahaha! Kau lah yg kerja, bila je kau free?

    aNnAsUeJie,
    HAHAh! YOU should see us for real! LAGI bercanggah! Sorang hitam, sorang putih. Sorang gemok, sorang kurus. Sorang tinggi, sorang pendek. Sorang hidung penyet bulat, sorang hidung tinggi straight. Hahahaha

    Shasha,
    Thankkksss!! Eh tanjoubi omekejadah tu apa? Adakah ia bermaksud "Mr Don you're so lucky to have Alia because she's super awesome and super sweet and super lawa"??? HAHAHAHAH...ok ok kidding. Happy birthday yah?

    Astrhea,
    Kan? It doesn't matter what she/he looks like, sebab kalau dah suka, you love orang tu for he himself/her herself. Kalau yang takat paras rupa memainkan peranan penting..itu bukan "love" lah. Itu Infatuation/lust.

    Faressa,
    Yeah, LDR works if you have a mutual agreement lah kiranya, you trust each other. Sebab trust for me is the foundation of the relationship. Yeah, 8 years..haha, bayangkan kalau kitaorg kawin 8 tahun yang lalu...mesti dah ada anak umur 7 tahun..wahaha, gerun pulak bila fikir.

    Nadya,
    Eh ada ke cerita novel mcm ni?? Hahahah. YAY! You know what, bila I baca pasal kisah cinta orang yang sama macam mine, hati pon melonjak gembira! Seriously! Excited lebih lebih! Maybe because I know the feeling masa heart tengah flutter tapi tak boleh nak sentuh (for some time).

    -eLyNhere-
    Thanksss! Inshallah...kisah love story saya akan di ceritakan ke anak cucuuuuu.

    Rhia,
    Kalau dah 8 tahun cinta antara benua...kira I can call myself as an expert dalam LDR la kan!?? Hahahahah...eh puji diri sendiri. Yay! gjfekjej Rhia! <--bermaksud terima kasih dalam bahasa Kazakhstan pulak. Hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey alia! :)

    honestly, I've been wondering about you and Don too, cause when I first started reading your blog he was already around ^_^ anyway, i'm sooooo happy for the both of you and as a fellow long-term ldr, screw everyone who says they understand, bla bla bla without being in the same state! huhu. saying it's not easy is most definitely an understatement, but if it's meant to be, then it will be! ^_^

    i wish don and you lots and lots of love forever x infinity! haha, berganda2 tu!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow 8 years virtually! congratulations! i think u guys look great together. wishing u both a bright future together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg dek..so sweet....
    akak doakan kekal ke akhir hayat..amin..

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!!
    kenapee boleh terlepas entry yang sangat sweett ni~~??? haha *exam menyekat pemandangan!*

    anyhoo.. saya mendoakan semoga both of u sampai ke jinjang pelamin and live happily every after!

    err can i chop your future boy/girl for my future son/daughter.. haha merepekks minah ni since yea.. exam week babeh!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 0MG, ur story looks familiar with mine!

    betol, I pon low self-estem..

    but, you know him better rite?

    Lelaki yang betol mencintai kite,x pedulikan fizikal kite macam mane..yang penting hati kan?

    go,go!! I always support u! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1st. I'm your silent reader..
    2nd. OMG!! cute sgt ur love story...
    3rd. May ur love continue to blossom.
    4th. Jaga dia baik2.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. aku pun sukeee misteri misteri ni, hehe..

    anyway, happy belated birthday Don.

    boleh buat drama kesah cinta kau

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is by far the best post! rasa macam nak menangis plak. hehe. sangat romantik, aku kenal ko dah lama pun x tau mcm maner the 1st time korang tgk photo masing2. anyway, i really hope all the best for both of u!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wah....Lucky u!!!! Tis is ur life babe.. Dun give a damn bout pe org cakap.. Tis is between u n him! I wish u both hepi ever after... Hahaha.. I suke la mende 2 cenggini.. So fairy tale lor.. but now i knew yg mende gini wujud.. Ah.. Terawang2 rasenyer.. kikiki.. Muah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. aiyoh alia... so bestnya de stori mori. meleleh air mata air idung akak baca. akak terharu and the same time menyesal masa memuda dulu akak tak chat. ntah ntah sekarang akak dah berlaki kan brad armpitt ke tak pun tom kerusi or maybe... tiger woods (kena blonde kan rambut lah pulak). love for you and don .... kawin la cepat cepat.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg!! WOW, sedap hati I baca your story. Sigh, omg, this so makes me happy. Here's to you and Don, together forever! Sigh, I L-O-V-E your love story!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Alia, it's a really sweet love story. I'm so happy for both of u guys! :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi there. first time baca blog ni, terus baca smpi khatam ok. like korek balik all past entries. haha

    u 2 make a good couple. biar lah org nk ckp apa. sukaaa!! ni nape lama xupdate :P

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tak Lawak,
    Cute? Terima kasih. Mesti si pakcik tu kembang kempis!

    Azreen Sulaiman,
    Hahahah I know you didn't know, a lof of our school friends pon tak tau. Tau tau je Don dah wujud. Haaaa. I know you KNOW how it feels, cause I know you've been in the same situation with Ashrul too! Now happily married oreddyyy.

    Lea Shmea,
    Thanks Lea! Inshallahhhhh! And yes, 8 years, sungguh kagum kan? Hahah

    Cieri,
    Thank youuuuuuuu!

    Darling8tabby,
    Terima kasih akak! Nanti bila dah kawen, I'll write again...cuma tambah "HAPPILY MARRIED" at the end pulak...hahah

    si G.E.D.I.K.S,
    WAAHAHA DAH siap chop anak anak pulak!

    Teru2Bozu,
    Yay! Mari lah kita support masing masing!

    sicomel,
    Jaga dia baik baik? Alamak...macam gerun je bunyi ayat tu..haha

    Reyza's Mama,
    Saya penat gila tulis entry ini. fullstop! Hahahah..ok tak de kena mengena...but thanks! Sila lah baca 2-3 kali lagi. HAHHA ok kidding

    Iz,
    Kan! Semua perempuan suka lah misteri misteri ni..drama cinta? Macam cerita Cinta Antara Benua yek? *eh lama gila cerita tu*

    Feha,
    HAHAHA, kau tak tau ke? Aku tak pernah kasi tau sapa sapa lah. Macam, buat apa nak kasitau, nanti orang meluat pulak! Tapi yang pastinya, first time dia tengok gambar aku, masa kita Beta. Aku ingat aku tangkap gambar tu guna phone camera Shad, atas katil dia. Haha

    everybodynme,
    Ala, bunyi je macam ala-ala fairy tale...tapi nak mengharungi dia..macam payah gila!!

    hannie,
    Brad Armpitt Tom Kerusi hahahah!! kelakar! Ala tak pe akak, jodoh seseorang itu di tangan Tuhannn (wah dah berunsur ilmiah pulak Alia ni)

    Cally,
    Thanks babe! But please take note, THIS love story doesn't end yet!! :(

    Syafiqah Othman,
    Thank you!

    Memey Anuar,
    Haha, boleh khatam terusss.Sila lah baca lagi ya! Wah, demand lebih lebih si Alia ni. Malas nak update lahhh, hahah, tapi ni ha, dah updateeee

    ReplyDelete
  31. "Life's like a novel with the end ripped out", Rascal Flatts.

    The end is where u both die on the same day surrounded by your 12 grandchildren :D

    Anyways, man my lovelife is a freaking mess atm. Nak ceta pun malas ler... All I know is that, you and Don are doing great and I need stories like yours to help me keep the faith that love actually exist and the world isn't out to screw me!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cals,
    I'm all ears if you need someone to vent to you knowwww. Glad my (not so) love story can help you! Don't worry, just take things easyyy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey... I'm not sure if you remember me but I've been following your posts as well. It's great to see someone in the same situation as me, although you're with Don for 4 years longer than I am. I'm finally with my fiance in NC (yes, we're in NC as well). It's awesome :) I hope you get your happy ending soon, sweetie. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  34. hi alia, hv been reading ur blog for few months now, rely njoyable :) ..nway, luv tis post very much..hopefully u two can bind ur relationship legally soon!!i'm actually an old fren of urs, we met wayyyyy back during sekola rendah lgi..not sure if u remember me but i definitely remember u :) all da best alia n don!! yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  35. alia .. i lost ur webadd .. baru jumpa balik .. love this entry .. and yes i know how u feel in high school :) somehow few ppl tend to talk shit about other .. but at the end of the day .. we are soo much happier dont we ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi alia,akak hv been a silent reader of ur blog for a few mths now,juz luv the way u write,honest n klakar.luv ,luv this entry,sangat lah sweet:) semoga u n don berkekalan hingga akhir hayat ya!ameen.. kak rina

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hie Alia!

    I came over via my colleague, who is one of your readers. She told me about your blog because she knows about my relationship story, which is quite similar to yours. I'm glad I read your love story, because I think it's super sweet and incredible! :D I wish you guys all the best.

    If you don't mind, I'd love to share my story too, albeit in a concise form... I am a Malaysian Chinese girl and I met my American boyfriend via a blogging site. We were friends for a year before we realized that we liked each other, and so we entered into a relationship in June 2009. In December 2009 he came over to visit me for the first time! We spent Christmas and New Year's together - it was awesome. He went back to the US last Thursday, but I'll be visiting him this March. We plan to get married this year :)

    That's it! Thanks for letting me share!

    Addy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Leechian,

    Hey girl! I do remember you! How's everything in NC now? HEy I'm planning to go to NC again later this year (once i have my visa of course), you should def. meet up! It'll be great to know another Malaysian in another country!

    Anonymous (Yasmin),
    Whaa? YOU REMEMBER ME?? WAH! SATU DISCOVERY! I don't remember much of my schooling days..I've erased everything of those dark days..hahah

    Wanny,
    Yah we are! To hell with them!

    Anonymous (kak rina),
    Thank you! Yeah..I don't hold back of what I think...semua main belasah je cakap..haha

    Addy,
    That's so sweet! Thank you for reading my blog and yes we ARE in the same predicament. It sucks having your partner who lives half across the world from you doesn't it? Not to mention all the legal procedures as well...

    ReplyDelete
  39. hey alia...last nite i found ur blog...and honestly, i love reading everything about u... :) and for this post, i think n will pray for ur relationship to last long until both of u have cucu2 together-gether...hihi :D

    P/S: U remind me of myself, seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi alia,

    funny betul la minah sorg ni. :) wish u all the best dgn Don ok?I'll pray for your happiness. Korg dua cute couple. I met my "kekasih gelap" pun dlm situation yang sgt awkward.

    Apapun,I yang mcm bunga2 baca kisah cinta korg hahahaha...

    take care

    OLIve

    ReplyDelete
  41. so sweeeeet!!!
    hope to see u blog about your marriage, or kids, or grandchildren later on! InsyaAllah. =D

    ReplyDelete
  42. "Cieri said: December 15, 2009 4:15 PM
    OMG suwittttttt giler!!!!!"

    roughly a year ago, I wrote the above comment. and now, I am too,in a LDR with a guy I met online.but not via chatting sites. I fell in love with him at his first hello and BEFORE I actually met him.

    an hour after I met him face to face for the first time, he proposed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cieri,
    OMG!!! THAT IS SOOOO SWEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! Now you're getting married before me ha!! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  44. hai alia..aku baru jumpe blog ni.
    well..what more can I say..aku penah ada relationship macam ko before.
    i was madly in love with the guy, tapi problem is this guy kept on denying his feelings..aku tak tahan lama2 (after two years) then I called it quits.
    but, whatever it is, I'm wishing you and Don an eternal happiness..

    ReplyDelete
  45. hye..i found your blog from someone that i've been followed for quite some time..

    minat sebab dia tulis tajuk tentang cerita cinta..so, i ended up read your blog..

    wow! 1st of all, he's cute! =P jangan mara ek..hehe..

    and perghh!! 8 years?? wow!!

    mungkin ini jodoh u after what has happened..

    from the worst, now u got the best! =)

    i bet, all those gewdiks2 girls boleh pengsan bangun balik beratus2 kali pun tak akan percaya if that is your bf now..

    u know what, im so damn epy for both of you..u made me ternganga baca..hehe..n im so excited..

    i dun usually komen blog org..cuma suka jadi silent reader..but hey, this kind of story, hell no im not commenting it..hehe..

    wish happiness for both of you!!!!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  46. lyadyana,
    Aww thanks deary! :D

    wannurzali,
    OHHH sungguh benci orang mcm tu...takder telo langsung! Hahaha! Guess you made the right choice lah, dari dok diam je, you get nothing with a man like that! Wait, he's not even a "man" pon kalau he doesn't have the guts to tell you!

    Husnatul A'tiqah Abdul Hady,
    Hehe, thank youu for reading blog yg saikosis ini! Haha..Yeah..8 years..tapi now going 9 years dah and still LDR jugak :( Tapi dah lali..haha. Thanks for your wishes ya! I really appreciate it!! But my "love journey" belum habis lagi..ntah bila nak kawen pon tak tau lagi...hahah

    ReplyDelete
  47. hi..baru jumpa ur blog today...terus baca plk post ni...

    well..saye pun buruk gak...selalu fikir yg lelaki hanya akan suka perempuan cantik + kurus saje...

    but ur post here really open my mind...

    tq...btw...happy for u guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. budak yg bosan,

    I believe that each person has a soulmate, though I don't actually believe the myth of "soulmate".

    Semua orang ada seseorang.

    Memang kebanyakkan lelaki suka pompuan yg lawa+kurus je no doubt, tapi I don't believe outer beauty seseorang ialah factor penting utk dijadikan teman hidup.

    There will come a time where laki tu akan fikir, he needs someone that he can grow old together.

    Kalau dia tak terfikir lagi macam tu, that's not a man. Dia still belum hit puberty.

    Anyhow, i'm so glad that my story made an impact (walaupon sikit) on you.

    Remember,
    CONFIDENCE = BEAUTY!

    You can do it!
    (wahaha, mcm nak masuk bertanding apakahhh haha)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gawsh. I hope I am as lucky as you! I really3 enjoy your blog Alia!!! You made my day..

    ReplyDelete
  50. Imakeyouwannalala,
    Aww don't say that! I'm pretty sure everybody has equal chance of getting lucky! It might be your lucky day tomorrow! Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  51. nyah.. sweettt... teruja aku kejap.. pastu berkobar nak online... apa nama website chatting tu?.. nak kena guna a/s/l lagi x?.. hehehe... wei aku teruja serious ni bukan main2..

    **pedulikan je ape org nk kata pasal LDR tu.. org bangang mmg x phm perasaan tu camne... tapi aku rasa ko sgt kental.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  52. kupu-kupu biasa,
    Hahahaahahahah!!!! LAWAK GILOS!! ASL!! hahahahah pernah dulu bila org tanya "asl", aku dgn confidentnya ckp "selangor" sebab ingat asl tu "asal"....hahahahahahaha!!

    Tapi ni guna yahoo chat jeee hahahaha, tak der special website ke apaa. Kat YM tu ada chat rooms kan..masuk je situ haha, tapi aku tak pergi rooms Malaysia laa (riak gila, nak terjah blog omputeh jee) ahahahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. OMG..
    woooosh.. so romantic lor...
    x tahan.. nak baca sume2 entry.. sweet sgt.sgt.sgt
    wish the best for you n mr don.

    ReplyDelete
  54. sweetnyeee ur love story!!n beliau sangat ensem oke..hehe..

    pray for ur happiness..semoga jodoh berkekalan..^_^

    ReplyDelete
  55. OMAIGOD TAK BOLEH SWEET LAGI KEEEE?

    hihihi, somebody share your link at fb and here i am, jadi follower on the spot.

    I LOOOOVE YOUR LOVE STORYYY ;)

    hopefully both of you kekal selamanya.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi, this is my first time visiting your blog, and I like the way you write the articles, especially for this post. I can feel your wonderful personality, and no wonder if Don can be in love with you :)
    But what make me surprised is how could you wait till 2 years without showing your face to a man you love, this is a hard thing to do and not many women can do that :)
    I'm also in LDR, but I'm kind of inpatient woman, I already asked him open his cam at the first chat he3.
    Well I know each woman has her own love story, and yours is great. I think your love journey can rise your self confident. You already pretty just the way you are :)
    Good luck, and wish all the best for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh My God..!!!
    Ya Rabbi..can't believe this..
    U are so lucky dear..
    That man is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  58. @cik aletheea :

    Thanksss :) Alamak, lately dah tak der entry cheesy cheesy mcm ni. Semua entries ala ala membara je..haha

    ReplyDelete
  59. @♥CIK SHA♥

    Hahaha terima kasih cik sha! Tapi story saya tak habis lagi ni...

    ReplyDelete
  60. @aisyaLALALA

    Hehe, thankk youuu so much Aisya! Nanti kalau ada story best best, I'll update more..tapi mcm tak der je. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  61. @turisuna

    Hi Turisuna!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them!

    I surprised myself too you know, I mean I fell in love with someone whom I have not met before..for 2 years! But I suppose this is what fate brought me to..and I'm sure fate is kind on you as well!

    I wish you all the best in your LDR too!

    ReplyDelete
  62. @Nazihah

    I'm lucky ke DIA yang lucky?

    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA *gelak keji*

    Okok I kid I kid..haha...

    Thank youu Nazihah! He treats me well, that's all I'm asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. (even rasa macam terlambat sgt je nak komen , tp nak komen jugak :D )

    so sweet lah kakak :)
    hope ur relationship will be forever :D

    ReplyDelete
  64. "He could have gotten a vajayjay somewhere closer to his house"

    LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  65. salam alia,

    i came across your blog by chance.
    i know i'm very very late on this article, but hey...i just wanna give you a big hug. bukan senang mendapat seseorang yg terima kita seadanya. even among friends pun, there will be some kind of bitching.

    apa pun, cherish what you have. all the best alia!!

    lots of love....

    ReplyDelete
  66. Sweet macam cheese cake ^___^
    LDR sangat mencabar..wuuu~ kita serupa, terpisah lain-lain benua tapi suke..FB, YM, Skype je tempat nak date :D

    Wish u good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  67. I read the whole post because it is an LDR!

    :) Nice writings. Wish you all the best for your relationship.

    Mine's an LDR too, 3years plus (still counting) reading yr stories makes me strong (in a way) for my relationship too.

    Thanks Alia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  68. hi...

    sgt sweet ok...
    mberikn confident kpd diriku yg tgolong dlm golongan kurang chantek ini..hoho

    nice entry btw.smoga bkekalan.amin...

    ReplyDelete
  69. SWEEEET!!!

    *i'm a new reader LOL*

    Wish u guys eternity happiness! XD

    ReplyDelete
  70. "He could have gotten a vajayjay somewhere closer to his house."

    sumpah ku gelak cam gila part ni. :)

    and i thought true love only exists in the movies.
    you guys are living proof that true love still exists.:)

    aku doakan korang kekal sampai syurga.

    T_T {tangisan keharuan}

    ReplyDelete
  71. hey I like your blog..byk hyperbola yang funny. I also have LDR but I am cheating on him with cuter local malay guy. sape suroh die duk jauh2..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  72. *wlpn post ni dh lama aku nk komen gak hahaha*

    sgt suka entry ni! and apa yg u tulis tu sgt la betul..i ni pendek lg muka berjerawat, plus i kene sindir sbb kt dagu ada bulu2 halus yg ketara cm janggut (so at my upper lips)..tp kan i sgt bersyukur sbb pasangan i yg skg ni leh terima i seadanya alhamdulillah (we'll get married on this august insyaallah) and dia x kisah dgn segala cela di wajah ni..and he's my number 1 & only (i x penah ada couple)..

    he found me in friendster (4 years ago) and he sent me a message into my inbox to ask if i'm single (x ke terkujat tetibe ada stranger hntr msg gitu..haha 1 first time aku kene)

    he's physically too tall & i'm physically too short..haha pelik2..tp it's true, when u love somebody because of who he/she is, then ada apa dgn rupa fizikal dia :)

    thumbs up to you alia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hahaha kakak :) ni intan kawan Dhia.Gosh akak intan suka baca post ni,intan dh baca bnyak kali baca but rase cm nk komen la plk kali ni.Sb kan akak,intan harap sngt dpt jdi mcm akak ! Intan doa kan kebahagiaan dunia dan akhirat untuk akak and don :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. nurul,

    I just went to your blog and that's is sooo sweet! you guys are married already!! I had an ex-bf tapi dia ni saikosis, naseb baik jugak la dia ni saikosis, kalau tak melepasss aku Don. Hahahahahah

    Intan,

    Huhhh! Noo don't be like me! I'm beautiful mess! (wahahahahaha matilerrrr pujik diri sendiri secara tidak langsung). Akak syukur apa dah jadi, tapi sebenarnya ada baanyaaaakk masalah menunggu. I have to leave my job, my friends and my family behind! It's a HUGE sacrifice and kita tak tau macam mana kehidupan kat sana (US) nanti. I have to start everything from scratch.

    But if I were given the chance to go back in time and change my course, I don't think I would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. sape suruh ko letak kat sidebar. kan aku dah baca.
    baideway hensemnyaaaaa laki ko ni masa muda muda. macam budak budak bandboy (bsb, westlife, the moffats etc) yang alu lekat lekat poster kat bilik dulu. boleh buat termimpi mimpi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAHA adoiiii! Ada org ckp, muka dia ada ala ala nick carter masa muda.

      Aku mcm terkesima kejap. Tang mana yg Nick Carter nya pun tak tau

      Delete
  76. Hi Alia, I just found your website and read your love stories... Yep...really beautiful ;). You are one of the lucky ones who really found true love...unconditional love...How well I know the feelings of growing up and hating yourself..All the best for you and Don. Hope there be little Alia's and Don's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  77. One of the best love story i ever read!!! and it's real.... ooo my... wish all the happiness for both of u till jannah!!! u guys deserved it!!! should make a movie from your love story!!! mesti blockbuster kalah cerita harry potter twilight semua tu!!!! fyi, i've been reading this love story over n over again just like repeating my fav novel!!! n can't keep myself from saying awwwww....... EVERYTIME...

    ReplyDelete
  78. u know what, i've been reading ur love story since idk when, long time ago. which means, i really adore u both. paling tak pon rasa bahagia dgn ur happy ending. mostly sebab i pon mak walrus kot, haha. so, i really can relate abt things u said regarding low self esteem and all.

    frankly speaking, i selalu nangis baca post ni, sebab happy sgt kot for u. i dont even know u in real life, but i like ur life story so much. dont stop blogging ok. im ur biggest fan actually :P

    anyhow, i hope u n don will hv a bunch of babies in future. cant wait!

    ReplyDelete


-------------------------------------------------
Thanks! Here's a cookie. :)
-------------------------------------------------